Short Inca Trail – 2D/1N
- Tour Type: Hiking, adventure, history, culture.
- Good For: Moderate physical fitness.
- Difficulty: Moderate.
- Considerations: Permit Required.
- Starting Altitude: 2100m / 6900ft.
- Highest Altitude : 2730m / 8,792ft.
- Walking Distance : 10km / 6.3 miles.
- Overall Difficulty : Easy to Moderate difficult (depends on your level of fitness).
Day 1: Cusco – Km. 104 – Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes.
We will pick you up from your Cusco hotel or either Ollantaytambo early in the morning and then drive to the train station in Ollantaytambo where we will take the train to Kilometer (Km) 104 (2000 m.a.s.l.) located along the Urubamba River where the hike (Camino Inca) will begin. Before heading to visit the Inca archaeological site, we will provide you with a packed lunch and drinks, as well as a briefing, which will be provided by our professional guide. Here you have the chance to take in the beautiful vista of the snow-capped mountains and when ready, start our hike towards the classic Inca trail where we will visit: Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu, the Urubamba River and other Inca sites.
From 104 Km it will take around 3 hours to hike to Wiñayhuayna (Quechua for “Forever Young”) 2600 m.a.s.l. 8 km. To many this place hosted the ancient houses of the ancient priests of Machu Picchu. Continuing on this route we will arrive at Inti Punku (4 km) where we will have the first view of the historical sanctuary of Machu Picchu. From here the trail will start to descend towards Machu Picchu where we will have the opportunity to take some spectacular photos. We will take a bus to Aguas Calientes where the guide will take us to the hotel, followed later by dinner at a restaurant.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco.
In the morning we head to Machu Picchu with our professional guide to visit the principal sites during a 2-hour tour. After the tour there is free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own. In the afternoon we will return to Aguas Calientes, take a train to Ollantaytambo followed by a bus back to Cusco.
- Cusco transfer to km 82 (bus and train).
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Km. 104.
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide (English).
- 01 night accommodation (hotel***) in Aguas Calientes.
- Your round-trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu is also included.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (16:22 depending on availability).
- First Aid Kit.
- Oxygen tank.
- Transport from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Tips (optional).
- Extra expenses.
- Luxury hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket with “Vistadome” (premiere class). $75 per person.
- Additional night in Aguas Calientes
- Visit to Huaynapicchu: additional cost of $75 per person.